The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Cuthbert’s, Rye Park
This Privacy Notice is provided by the PCC of St Cuthbert’ to explain what to expect when we collect and process your personal information in accordance with the UK GDPR.
The data controller is: The PCC of St Cuthbert’s, Rye Park, Whitley Road, Hoddesdon EN11 0PU.
Tel: 01992 466690 E-mail: email@example.com
For more information, please go to: https://ryepark.com
Date of publication: 24 October 2023
1. Why we collect and use your personal data?
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Name and contact details – to inform you of news and information about events, activities, and services running at St Cuthbert’s
- To include your details in the Church Directory & Prayer Diary.
- To share your contact details with the Diocese of St Albans so they can keep you informed about news, activities, and services that will be occurring in the diocese and in which you may be interested.
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution.
- To provide pastoral care to St Cuthbert’s parishioners.
- To administer membership records.
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity.
- To manage our employees and volunteers.
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications).
- To get your feedback on your experience of St Cuthbert’s events, activities and services or potential new events, activities and services.
- Joining one of our church WhatsApp groups, or accepting an invitation to join, is considered permission to share any and all information posted thereon with all participants, and any others who subsequently join.
2. The lawful basis for processing your personal data.
- and to keep you informed about diocesan events and news.
- in relation to Gift Aid or to comply with the church representation laws, faculty law, tax law, health & safety, safeguarding of vulnerable persons, under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
3. Sharing personal data.
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with the PCC of St Cuthbert’s, Rye Park and/or your local diocesan office, and with other church members via the church directory.
4. How long do we keep data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: The Care of Your Parish Records”: Records management guides | The Church of England.
5. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the UK GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which The PCC St Cuthbert’s, Rye Park holds about you (a Subject Access Request or ‘SAR’);
- The right to request that the PCC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The PCC of St Cuthbert’s, Rye Park to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time where we have obtained your consent.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (in limited circumstances).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
6. Concerns and/or complaints?
To exercise all relevant rights, or for queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Parish Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org , 01992 466690.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email Contact us – public | ICO
Details about retention periods can currently be found in the Record Management Guides located on the Church of England website at: – https://www.churchofengland.org/more/libraries-and-archives/records-management-guides